7/14/08 06:50 pm - Update, finally
Hello, all you people out there in internet-land.
I haven't posted in 40 weeks according to my info. Interestingly enough, tons of stuff has been happening but I guess I haven't had any reason to write. Thankfully a new friend added has made me want to converse with the world again. It's funny how stuff like that happens.
So, my life in the past 40 weeks. In the time it takes to create a new baby, I have:
- Had 2 operations on my foot. One to put metal in there and another 6 months later to take the metal out again. Damn doctors! Make up your mind. Do you want me to be a robot or not?
- Gone back to uni. I finally got into a Bachelor of Psychology and am in my first year. I wasn't gone for long, but it felt like forever. I'm really stressing about some upcoming exams I have to retake, but I'm hoping and praying. And studying, a bit.
- Lost contact with pretty much everyone I know. It wasn't a conscious choice. Everyone has lives and we all kinda fell out of touch. I don't have any friends at uni, so life is a bit lonely atm, but I am hopeful for next semester.
- Decided that I'm going to get a few body mods. Definitely some piercings. I can hear my old school friends crying "But what about your hospital stay after your last one?". I've been doing a lot of research about it and there were so many things that I did wrong that I refuse to take it lying down. This time I'm going to a reputable piercing studio and taking all necessary precautions. I'm still chicken about it, so it'll probably be awhile. Once it's done, I'll post some epic thing about it, including pics.
- Paid less attention to my religion than I'd like. In times of crisis, I tend to recede into myself. It would make sense that when that occurs, religion would be an obvious place to turn. But it seems I turn from everything in my life, not just people. Once I get my mind sorted, I hopefully will be in a better state to participate in life again. All aspects of life, rather than just the ones I can handle.
- Become absolutely obsessed with cross stitching. It seems like such a grandma hobby but with my bad feet, it's perfect. I started an epic cross stitch in February of Impossible Love. I'm only 6 pages in, and it's 30 pages long, but it's so much fun. I'm not an artist, by any stretch of the imagination, so to watch a piece of art come to life in front of me is exhilarating. I'll post a picture of it when I finish. It'll probably be sometime in the next year or so. It is huge.
That's probably about it for now, but maybe I'll think of more later. Just writing all this down has made me realise I've been through a lot, but I'm tired of neglecting my life just because I have a disability. Sure it's new, but it's nothing I haven't dealt with before. I'm not sure if my operations have worked or not, but even if they haven't, I should get used to living life as it is, rather than as I want it. That doesn't mean I can't manipulate my current situation to turn out how I want it to in the future.
Happily, for the first time in ages,